Monday, June 2, 2014

Best Department Stores to Shop

Hello everyone!

Summer has began and I'm sure all of you are foaming out the mouths ready to shop for this season (weird analogy?). Anyway, every time a new season starts, I find myself broke and homeless because I can't help but spend all my money on everything I see. The start to a new season will always be the time when all your favorite stores stock up on the latest trends; all of which us girls can't help but purchase. Window shopping quickly turns to: buy everything. But have no fear, you can stop crying now, because what's better than being broke, is saving a couple bucks at the less expensive stores i.e. department stores.

Yes, yes, I know. Department stores are for your weird aunt and grandma. But everyone and a while (especially during a season change) department stores pick up a couple of trends. I've gone to Wet Seal and Forever 21 a couple times this summer, and realized that a lot of those dresses you can purchase at these mainstream stores are knocked off at department stores like T.J. Max.
Also, I don't know if you guys ever have this problem… but there is a limited size selection on all the popular items in the teen stores because girls frequently buy the same dress in your neighborhood. And I cannot stand when I see another girl wearing what I have on! I digress a little… but the point is that at department stores things are purchased in bulk to last longer.

I know a lot of department stores are messy, (aka Ross) but taking the time to look can soooo be worth it as opposed to getting one 20 dollar top or two or three tops for the same price.

Checking the material from certain department stores can also be a good idea. You don't want to wash your fringe blouse and take it out to see it has all fallen apart! Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing on these teen stores, I shop at them all the time! But when I am looking to splurge, I think the way to save money is to go for department stores, the clearance rack there will always be cheaper than at stores like Rue 21. You can buy so much more with just spending a little more time looking! When I shop, I want to come home with outfits for dayssss and it just doesn't seem logical to me to spend too much money at  a Wet Seal when I know I could buy buying more for less elsewhere.

Caution/Tips
This place is visually an appealing department store, (on the occasions I have gone) but let me tell you, you have to look soooo hard in this store. Nothing is really organized by dress, blouse, shorts, etc. The sizes are separated but a lot of the same blouses are spread out into different sections. Another thing that is a little difficult about TJ Maxx is there sizes are soooooo small. I'm usually around a small, sometimes a medium for length, but at this store I only try on larges. I'm not sure why their sizes are so small, but they definitely do have some very cute clothes! Taking time to look is worth it, just try everything on before you make the purchase! Also, their shoe sales are very good! And their size go up to 11, which is great because it is so hard to find cute shoes for my size because I'm so tall. So if you are a 9-10 this is a place to go! They also have half sizes which is comforting:)

Ross is for sure superrrr cheap. Although it is literally the most organized department store, their prices are super cheap. With some time put aside to search through the racks, I wouldn't knock out this department store as a place to shop. 

JCP isn't a commonly shopped at store in my town. So I like that I can go there because there will be a smaller chance I'll see someone else in the same outfit. JCp's sizes also have reasonable sizing. I like to buy shoes from here because it isn't a common place to shop for shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment