Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Beginner Art Techniques

Hello Everyone.

Lately art has been a great outlet to get my mind off things. I encourage artists to devote some time to their passion at least three times in a week. I know your schedule is busy but art is a skill that so many people admire and/or wish they could obtain. So please don't lose your gift, further it! Try new techniques! The more you learn the better, because that keeps the passion going.

Just thought I'd share that with my fellow artists. I try and be a little deep sometimes:)

Now on to the good stuff!

Mixed media is my favorite form of art. A lot of the time I unintentionally mutate my work to mixed media. One medium can't do all the work! Mixed media usually draws the attention of other artists, we are always learning. Trying some new medias is risky, but if you don't try it you'll never know! What I like to do is make an extra copy. That way, if I mess up I have my copy to fall back on.  I find it pretty difficult to find mixed media techniques online. They're all very repetitive. So the best thing I can recommend is discovering your techniques through experience.

Zentanglesssss
This is a time consuming project. But it is simple to do because of how intricate the designs are. This technique makes for an attractive background. It draws the attention of others because of how detailed it is.
A couple pattern choices:

Drawings in Silhouettes.
This is so creative, I have to try this. I would think a bigger canvas is necessary because the silhouette is reducing the area space. I personally prefer the background clear because it makes the silhouette pop. Of course creating a background is an alternate option.

An Interesting Texture for Portraits

Portraits will always be my fav. Although I want to draw portraits for the rest of my life, art is about furthering skills and trying something difficult. The larger circles are fill the high points of the face, while the smaller circles are further back for the low points of the face. The pop of color in the second photo is also a nice touch, because I think that without it, this artwork wouldn't stand to as much as it does. I also enjoy the mutation drawing of Elvis.


Hope I have inspired some of you. xo





No comments:

Post a Comment