Monday, May 19, 2014

"Fashion Your Seat Belts"

I'm so excited for summer this year, the looks are so cute and not like most summer trends where it is just a whole bunch of the same print, same look, blahhh. But thankfully I am actually seeing some new trends pulled from something further than last year!


 I've seen this new shape of skirt a lot online. Unfortunately have not seen it in any stores. But I've seen it mostly reasonably priced on Sheinside. So cute. BUTTTT, for real though isn't this second skirt too fabulous?! I've never seen the jean skirt anywhere but on Pinterest. But I so love this.


Basically, this season will be about wither short pieces, or a long skirt/dress. There is no in between. Although it is sooooo hard to shop for something short when you are tall, because it ends up TOO short. Or too short if it is made to be long. So I suggest if you are tall to always try the item of clothing on. No matter the size, it fit different because of the length. In the third photo, these long dresses with detailed backs are the bestesttt. It's kind of subtle and not to raunchy because of the length.

Here are a couple random trends I found as well. I saw a top like this first one on Victoria Secret. It seems as though this top would be hard to style and may not be figuring for all figures…. But it looks great for the summer and I bet it is really cool for hot weather! This second look is that fringe technique that has been all over the place in swimwear. But fringe on a cover up is wayyy more unique than the fringe on bikinis! In the third image, is a ruffle crop top, I love this look so much, toooo freaking cute. Two trends in one for look numbers 4 and 5! Floppy hats are in this summer (big shock), I might actually pick one up this summer I'm starting to fall for the trend! Also on outfit number 5 the thin fabric, wide bottomed pants are in and super cute! I suggest wearing these with a crop top or thin blouse. In the 6th look color blocking is featured. I think it is still in and I'm happy to know I don't have to stock my closet for that :)
Detailed backs have always been a prominent theme during this time of year. But more recently have I been seeing some new looks that I've never seen before. Super exciting and cute! 
Lace has also been a pretty big deal in these upcoming trends. Which I think is brilliant because it is thin and light for those hot summer days. And I am not too big on lace, but it is pretty cute as a cover up, not gonna lie! As far as the life expectancy of these trendy pieces seems short. Thin materials like this tear up in the machine easily, or wear away and begin to look aged. So it may be best to hand wash and let it air dry.

Transparent looks are literally all over the blogs. I think this summer is about cute and comfortable. And I'm all for that!!

These are all the trends I have for now! Hope I gave you guys some inspiration and Have a lovely day!

~Stay Beautiful!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment