Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Makeup Tips

Hello lovelies! Hope you all are having a good day.

Makeup Reference Photos

"There are no ugly women in the world, only lazy ones."


      Makeup is something that almost every girl has tried, love it or hate it, we all can admit that it can

 transform an appearance and maybe even a girl's confidence. Now I personally love makeup, but I do 

understand that it's very time consuming and if you're a perfection like me, one eye can't be different 

than the other. I realize also that a lot of people aren't so into art, (which I do see makeup as a form of 

art and expression) which can make makeup an even more tedious task. But practice makes perfect, and 

I can't stress enough about the millions upon millions of makeup tutorials available.


        What is a little more difficult is finding tutorials or inspiration for dark skin or African American

 women. All the intricate eye makeup and lip colors are made for a certain type of shade, which not 

every one can pull off. So I will be posting makeup combinations for ebony skin tones as well.


        Prom is coming up, so I've been searching the depths of the web trying to find an interesting, yet 

classy makeup look, hope I can help someone!

Now we all know I have a Pinterest board for everything, so please check it out and follow my blog! Paint Your Face!

 I actually bought this lip stain, the other day at 

my local drugstore, the colors are very solid so make sure the shade is complementing to your skin tone. 

Other than that, I love the the long lasting color, and there are many color choices.


 Although smokey eyes are fabulous and 

mysterious, they make the eye appear small, using white liner or a shadow like in the above photo is a 

great way to draw attention to the eyes and make them look bigger.

 I love love love this color, it is also an 

upcoming trend according to magazines. Although I don't see much of an every day use in this makeup, 

it is really a beautiful color for all skin tones. It is a nice pop of color for those with lighter skin tones, 

and blends will for darker skin tones. This color may not be so suitable for those with a pinkish skin 

hue, due to the color it may make the skin appear more red.

 I love winged eye shadow, it is a nice way to 

play up your eye makeup. There are plenty of different wing patterns to suit your eye shape, which I 

will post a picture of later. One look that I have come to love is a bold eye with a neutral shade on the 

lips, it comes off less harsh and gives a soft look that is more easy to pull off.

 This lip color is great for if you are a darker skin tone 

trying to pull off a brighter color. I do this technique all the time: outline the darker color around the

 lips, and fill the brighter on your lips. On the top lip it also looks good to use the darker color only.

 This color on the eyes is soooo perfect, I tried 

it but instead of using a bronzer, to blend it more with my skin tone I used my foundation so the 

eyeshadow would't look tacky on me.



  This glitter eye shadow is definitely on trend right

 now. I haven't tried it personally, but I do know that try and apply the glitter ONLY on the small of 

your eyelid. Using too much will not give the same glamorous affect. Shade above the glitter in a 

similar color as a gradual transition to your skin so the colors aren't too bold.


 The silver is a nice touch, but what I want you

 guys to see is how the eyeliner extends in the crease of the eyelid. This is a technique that I HIGHLY 

recommend if you have smaller. Everytime I do my makeup I do this for my eyelid, because it makes 

the eyes appear bigger. Even using this technique without eyeshadow works beautifully.

Dark Skin Tones

 This is a good look for an ebony tone, any light 

neutral shade on the eyelids will blend well with the skin.

  Although this is a more subtle color for 

makeup, and I'm more so about go big or go home. This is a quick look to do in the morning.

  Kelly Rowland is already a perfect being. She is a great 

example of how to wear a deep red lipstick with subtle eye makeup.


  This is a greattt look for prom. If my dress 

didn't have silver in it this would most definitely be a contender makeup look. The gold goes great with 

dark skin tones.

  Any purples look good for eye shadow on 

African Americans, purple is just a good choice for a flattering makeup.



 In closing, here are some of the different 

eyeliner wing drawings. Don't be afraid to try something new, you would be surprised on what you can 

pull off!

Hope I helped, and please follow my blog! I post a new blog everyday, and I hope you have a lovely day xo.

~Stay Beautiful


No comments:

Post a Comment