Thursday, March 13, 2014

New Trend: Overalls ??

Hey you guys! Hope you're all having a lovely day!
    Lately, I've been noticing the overalls trend being pushed. What do you all think about the trend? I personally can't see many people being able to pull that style off, I think overalls are hard to style! And frankly, the remind me of my childhood which I try to forget! Maybe I'm the only one whose been noticing this trend that's being hyped… ?

If I were to get into this overall craze, I like the shorts better than the pants, they look more spring like! It's kind of vintage and that style is still kinda going strong this season. Florals and the whole Frida Kahlo inspiration is hyped all over social media. I think it can be cute, but it is certainly not my cup of tea, I'll leave that up to women like Lana del Ray!


Flower child looks go well with overalls, but they can also be a chill dress down look for the spring and traveling! Not to mention an outfit like this is very cheap and I'm all about saving!

If you're not a flower child, there are grunge approaches to wearing overalls. The look below is so cool and edgy. It's a nice play on the overall style that I wouldn't have consider to look so cool! Wearing high tops or ankle boots like in the photo below would be a good look with overalls. Another shoe that I think would go great with this trend are sneaker wedges. If street and urban style is your type of hype, I say you should try it!

Another interesting play I saw on the overalls were this scarf! A cute infinity scarf looks simple chic and pretty comfortable. If you don't want to wear heels wearing vintage red shoes would also pair well with the striped shirt and scarf.

                 Ultimately, there are a lot of different ways to style this trend, and the fact that you could go to your local Goodwill to buy a high fashion outfit being sported in magazines like VOGUE sounds like a deal breaker to me! I guess I would have never guessed for overalls to become a trend, but fashion can definitely surprise you! I think it's a pretty innovative idea that could be styled with a lot of creativity, or even simplicity if just paired with a plain ol' t shirt. I kind of hope the trend picks up, it would be interesting to see more styles for this look!

Hope I helped, xo

    Leave me comments about what you think of the upcoming overall trend!

~Stay Beautiful 


No comments:

Post a Comment